1. Why should I take Travellers Cheques on trip?
- American Express Travellers Cheques are recognized around the world. They are safer than cash, and if lost or stolen can be replaced worldwide, usually within 24 hours. Travellers Cheques also enable you to budget, track and control your travel expenses easily.
2. How do I purchase Travellers Cheques?
- Travellers Cheques can be purchased at any AvailDeal Forex Branch .
3. Is there a fee to purchase Travellers Cheques?
- Fees/commission vary from establishment to establishment. AvailDeal do not charge any fee/commission to their guests.
4. Do Travellers Cheques expire?
- Travellers Cheques do not expire. Unused Cheques can be saved for future trips.
5. Can I accept Travellers Cheques from another person?
- Yes, you can accept Cheques from another individual. You must watch the person countersign the Cheque in the lower left-hand corner and compare it with the original signature. If the Travellers Cheque has already been signed in both the upper and lower corners, or if you have any questions about the validity of a Cheque, call an American Express Travellers Cheque Customer Service Centre. After accepting a Travellers Cheque from another individual, you may only deposit it in your own bank account
6.How do I cash Travellers Cheques?
- Simply present the Cheque at the exchange or merchant location. Make sure the acceptor watches while you countersign the Cheque in the lower left-hand corner.
7. Where can I use Travellers Cheques?
- American Express Travelers Cheques are recognized around the world. In the U.S. they can be used like cash at retail locations, hotels and restaurants. Outside the U.S. they can be used like cash at many locations, or exchanged for local currency at banks, currency exchanges, and American Express Travel Service locations
8. Where do I sign Travellers Cheques?
- Upon purchase, Travellers Cheques must be signed in the upper left-hand corner in order to be reimbursable if lost or stolen. When the Cheques are cashed, make sure the acceptor watches while you countersign the Cheque in the lower left-hand corner.
9. What happens if I sign the Cheque in the wrong place, or my signatures don’t match?
- Acceptance of Travellers Cheques is based on the acceptor watching the customer sign the Cheque in the lower left-hand corner, and then comparing that signature with the original signature in the upper left-hand corner (the lower left signature on a Cheques for Two must match one of the two signatures in the upper left). The acceptor must observe the customer signing the Cheque. If the signatures are a reasonable match, the Cheque should be accepted. As always, if the acceptor is unsure, they should call an American Express Travellers Cheque Customer Service Centre.
10. When do I fill out the date on my Travellers Cheque?
- The date, in the upper right-hand corner, should be filled out upon use, just like a personal cheque.
11. What happens if my Travellers Cheques are lost or stolen?
- If your Travellers Cheques are lost or stolen, contact an American Express Travellers Cheque Customer Service Centre immediately. They will provide you with step-by-step instructions for reimbursement.
- Remember to keep a record of all the Travellers Cheques serial numbers in a safe location separate from your Cheques.